Re: [FW1] DSL and Secure remote

No, the firewall's objects.C needs to be hacked...

<SNIP FROM PHONEBOY ARCHIVE-http://www.phoneboy.com/fw1/faq/0141.html>

FireWall-1 4.1 SP2 and Secure Client 4.1 SP2 and later have a  "UDP
Encapsulation" feature that uses UDP to encapsulate the encrypted data
when IKE is used.  This more should be far more compatible with NAT
devices as all communication will  occur over UDP instaed of using IP
Datagrams. Both FireWall-1 4.1 SP2 and  Secure Client 4.1 SP2 are
available. Add the following to the section in $FWDIR/conf/objects.C
                        :isakmp.udpencapsulation (
    :resource (
                                      :type (refobj)
                                       :refname

("#_VPN1_IPSEC_encapsulation")
    )
    :active (true)
                        )

You will also need to create a network object called
VPN1_IPSEC_encapsulation. It is a service of type UDP, port 2746.

By default, FireWall-1 4.1 SP2 and later that has had these changes made
will invoke this mode if the UDP port 500 packet coming from the
SecuRemote client has a source port that is not port 500. This mode can
be forced on the client by going into userc.C on the Secure Client and
adding the following under the options section:

:force_udp_encapsulation (true)

It can also be disabled entirely on the firewall by changing :active to
"false" instead of true in the above objects.C modification.

<END SNIP>

Chris