[FW1] optimist mode doesn't seem to solve ftp problems

Hello all,

I'm having troubles with some ftp connections. Internal users who are trying
donwload files from a server located on one of our DMZs sometimes receive
a message : 425 Security server forbids PORT redirection.
By searching in the archives of the mailing list, I heard about some changes
which could be made to a file aftpd.conf. I created this file and put the
word
optimist into it. I did this on the managment console, is it correct ??  I
usually
push policies from the managment server to the firewall so it should be ok
no ?
How can I be sure the secure ftp server is now in optimistic mode ?

Is there a way to have the ftp security server use client authentication
instead
of user auth ? This would greatly improve the ftp"ing" comfort.

Any idea or comment is the welcome.
Thanks in advance.