Re: [FW1] sun quad ethernet interface

Hi..

Check if you has unique MAC address on each qfe interface. Some switches is confused
if
you connect all QFE i/f into the switch with similar MAC addresses.

Try this:
eeprom 'local-mac-address?=true'
reboot

/Dennis

Aaron Turner wrote:

> I assume you're on a swtich?  If so, verify your duplex settings- and
> force the settings if necessary. If your swtich and the QFE interfaces
> didn't negotiate properly, this sort of thing happens.
>
> --
> Aaron Turner        [email protected]> Security Engineer                         Vicinity Corp.
> Cell:http://www.vicinity.com
>
> On Mon, 18 Sep 2000, James Oryszczyn wrote:
>

> > I have a strange problem on A sun E250 server running solaris 7 with
> > checkpoint 4.1 sp1.  I had five interfaces on the sun box, but only
> > three are live right now. It looks like this.          |
> >                    |hme0 corparate wan 190.150.x.x
> >  192.168.1.x---- Firewall------qfe0 20.20.x.x  inside
> >
> >  When I go from the 20.20.x.x network threw the firewall to the
> > 192.168.1.x network I get about 30 packet loss when doing pings.  If I
> > pull a workstation directly into the 192.168.1.x I can ping all day
> > with no packet loss.  I am doing address translating to the 192.168.1.x
> > network.  I think it is a problem with the quad nic.  Had anybody seen
> > this before?
> >
> > James

begin:vcard
n:Hedman;Dennis
tel;fax:+46 920 202906
tel;home:+46 70 5864433
tel;work:+46 920 202876
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Ericsson Erisoft AB
version:2.1
email;internet:[email protected]
title:Network and System Administrator
note:System & Network Admin.Ericsson Erisoft se
adr;quoted-printable:;;Box 920=0D=0ALaboratoriegr=E4nd 11;LULEÅ;-;971 28;Sweden
x-mozilla-cpt:;208
fn:Dennis Hedman
end:vcard