[FW1] sun quad ethernet interface

I have a strange problem on A sun E250 server running solaris 7 with
checkpoint 4.1 sp1.  I had five interfaces on the sun box, but only
three are live right now. It looks like this.          |

                   |hme0 corparate wan 190.150.x.x

 192.168.1.x---- Firewall------qfe0 20.20.x.x  inside

 When I go from the 20.20.x.x network threw the firewall to the
192.168.1.x network I get about 30 packet loss when doing pings.  If I
pull a workstation directly into the 192.168.1.x I can ping all day
with no packet loss.  I am doing address translating to the 192.168.1.x
network.  I think it is a problem with the quad nic.  Had anybody seen
this before?

James