From: Cristian Nicolae [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Sunday, September 17, 2000 11:32 AM
To: Ed Davidson
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [FW1] CVP Servers

Hi,
I have been using eSafe sucessfully. In a network with 450 users
I've been running eSafe on a Compaq Professional Workstation AP500 with
128 MB RAM.
My opinion is that SMTP scanning works very well if one is running not
but eSafe on that machine.
On the other hand, enabling the HTTP and FTP scanning decreased
significantly the access speed.
I would be curious to learn from other people experience.

I understood that with FW-1 4.1 one can use more than once CVP server.
I believe that when it comes to antivirus it is worth to have a cascaded
setup with different products.

I would be curious to know if anyone has been using TrenMicro on Linux
with HTTP scanning enabled
and if there any performance issues.

Cristian