From: MIS [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: September 15, 2000 10:53 AM
To: FW1 mailinglist
Subject: RE: [FW1] FW-1, can it support 2 leased line connection to
Internet

Have anybody ever thought of this configuration?
(or have succesfully made it work)

Routing and NAT on router1, router2, and firewall
may make this happen

 Internet          Internet
    |                 |
  Router1           Router2
    |                 |
    |in               |out
    |________   ______|
             | |
             | |
            Switch

           Firewall ---- DMZ

      Internal network

Hi all you experts,

I have got some question regarding increasing of the
number of Internet connection that can be handled by
FW-1. Currently (shown in Fig 1), we have a Checkpoint
Firewall FW-1 running with a single connection to the
internet.

		     Internet

		-----------------
		|   Checkpoint	|      DMZ
		|    Firewall	|------------------
		|      FW-1     |
		-----------------

		Internal network

                     Fig. 1

But we would like to add another leased line to
connect our network to the Internet (ie 2 leased line
to the Internet). I would like to find out if it is
possible to use the same Firewall FW-1 to connect to
the Internet as shown in Fig 2. Have any of you done
this before, if this is possible, could you advise me
on how I could do it. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

             Internet             Internet
         (first connection)   (second connection)
                 |                 |
                 |                 |
                |   Checkpoint      |    DMZ
                |      FW-1         |