[FW1] oracle replication : good idea to open ports DMZ -> Internal LAN ??

Hi everybody,

We have a web server (in the DMZ) picking up data in its local Oracle 8i
Database. The main (Oracle 8i) database is on the internal LAN.

The idea is to replicate the main DB to the webserver DB.

Our development team is asking me to open some ports from the DMZ to the
internal LAN... They say they have no other solution (and they asked
Oracle about that point). I'm puzzled....

As our need is probably classic, would there be a person of Good willing
to share his secure solution on that issue ?

Thanks a lot,

Karim AMRANI