RE: [FW1] VPN going Up & Down

Per CP tech support, do not use FWZ for VPN between FW1. Use IKE only.
Here's how to setup:(Remember to add NAT rules if you have both sides
NATed.)

Goal: How to create an ISAKMP (IKE) VPN between two Check Point FireWalls.

Fact: FireWall-1 4.0
Fact: FireWall-1 4.1
Fact: VPN
Fact: ISAKMP
Fact: IKE

Fix: There are 6 steps to creating an ISAKMP (IKE) VPN between two Check
Point FireWalls.

1. Verify that both FireWalls are licensed for encryption.
2. On each FireWall, create a "FireWall-1 installed" object.
3. Enter the secrets in the FireWall objects encryption - ISAKMP (IKE)
properties.
4. Create a rule that is:
	source:		 local firewall and remote firewall
	destination:	 local firewall and remote firewall
	service:		 ISAKMP (IKE)
	action:		 accept
5. Create a rule that is:
	source: 		 local encryption domain and remote
encryption domain
	destination:	 local encryption domain and remote encryption
domain
	service:		 any
	action: 		 encrypt
6. Push the policies on both FireWalls.

Goal: How to create Pre-shared secrets using an IKE VPN

Fact: Firewall-1 4.0 SP2
Fact: Windows NT 4.0 SP3
Fact: IKE
Fact: Each Firewall is its own Management station
Fact: Hide NAT

Symptom: When trying to create a pre-shared secret, no peers are listed
to install the secret on

Fix: In order to populate the "peer" pane on the pre-shared secrets
option on the properties of IKE, you need to:
	1) Create a Firewall object for each of the Firewalls on each of the
Firewalls
	2) Verify that the Firewall is a part of it's encryption domain
	3) On all four of the Firewall objects, select IKE
	4) Install the policy
	5) Go to Manage >> Network Object >> Firewall Object >> Encryption
Tab >> IKE: Edit >> Edit Pre-shared secrets     to create the secret
	6) Install the policy
	7) Add a manual address translation rule
Goal: How to configure IPSec with NAT

Fact: FireWall-1 4.0 SP2
Fact: ISAKMP
Fact: SKIP
Fact: Hide NAT

Symptom: VPN between external gateways
Symptom: Both internal networks in VPN are translated

Symptom: Wants to use internal IP addresses after VPN implementation

Fix: Define encryption domain with internal addresses and set NAT rule
not to translate the VPN connection
1.Define internal networks with internal(invalid) IP addresses as encryption
domain of each firewall
2. Configure firewall object with ISAKMP or SKIP scheme
3. Create the encryption rule with both encryption domains in the source
and destination field
4. Since they want to use internal IP addresses, you should not use
valid ip addresses for the encryption domain and the rule
5. Even though encryption happens prior to NAT, you need to keep NAT
from happening for VPN connection
This can be accomplished by adding two manual nat rules to the top of
the NAT rulebase negating NAT between the encryption domains as shown:

encrytpA	encrytpB	any	orig	orig	orig
encrytpB	encrytpA	any	orig	orig	orig

6.  Other standard TCP/IP rules of routing apply.  Thus, the two internal
networks must be on separate subnets and packets destined for the VPN
must route to the FW-1 gateway.