From: Daniel Wirth [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2000 7:57 AM
To: Cihan Subasi (Garanti Teknoloji); 'Christopher Black';
[email protected]
Subject: RE: [FW1] FTP Problems

Hi,

Check the following: FTP opens a data-connection an a high-port from server
to client. Are these connections allowed in your rulebase? If you are
connecting to your Firewall, please note in your policy properties that the
default setting for "Apply Gateway Rules to Interface Direction" no longer
is "inbound" but "eitherbound". this could be the reason for the
data-connection being dropped.

One more thought: Check, if you allow PASV-connections in you policy
properties if you are using any ftp-client with GUI (e.g. wsftp,
netscape,... ).

HTH,

Daniel Wirth
Consultant Network Security
Daniel Wirth         Systemberater Netzwerksicherheit
IQproducts GmbH      Max-Planck-Str. 5, 80609 Dornach
Tel.: ++49 89 944940-0        Fax.: ++49 89 944940-50
eMail: [email protected]  http://www.iqproducts.de
IQproducts ist ein Unternehmen der Systematics AG
Bitte beachten Sie fuer Ihre Supportanfragen:
Tel.: ++49 89 944940-77  eMail: [email protected]