Re: [FW1] Internal hosts

--- Wang Lifu <[email protected]> a écrit :

> Hello all,

Hi
> I have some questions about Firewall-1 license.
> 1. What method firewall-1 use to find internal IP Address ?

Any source address it sees that comes in from a differnet interface
than the one listed in external.if is an internal IP address.

> 2. Whether use Proxy to implement Firewall-1 can't see internal IP
> Address ?

I don't understand oyur question. If you mean 'can I use a proxy to
hide  internal addresses from FW-1?' Technicaly you can, but it
violates the terms of your license.

> 3. How to see the address that have record by firewall-1 ?

'fw lichosts'

> 4. If a host don't access internet, whether firewall-1 record it?

I don't think so, because it won't contact the firewall.

The generic term Checkpoint uses in the licenses's documentation is
that the number of 'protected hosts' is limited.