[FW1] NAT imperfections?

Has anyone ran into issues with Checkpoint NAT (4.1SP2) having flaws? Out of
hundreds of students on campus that use hotmail through our campus NAT,
sometimes a single student can't login to their hotmail account. If they go
elsewhere, they can. Sure you could say Hotmail is screwy, but I've looked
at it myself. It's something about Firewall-1's NAT. A different kind of
problem exists with DialPad, it doesn't work. The site says to open ports,
but that doesn't do the job. Is there a way to use another kind of NAT from
another product or something? I mean, one problem with it wouldn't be a big
deal. But call after call about different things makes me desire to have a
better NAT than what Checkpoint can do. Anyone fixed these kinds of issues?