Re: [FW1] Stonebeat or Checkpoint HA - appreciate any info on either

Stonebeat is a software solution (as is Checkpoint-haven't worked with
Checkpoint HA yet so I can't talk about it)

It works well, an in the full-cluster implementation can fail-over VPN
and is a slick implementation.

However with software implementations, one would have to reconfigure the
cluster to add/remove a firewall from it.

If the budget allows it, implement a hardware load-balancing solution.
These are really intelligent implementations (F5-fireguard or the
Radware Firproof) they do a full health check up to application layer
(if need be) and will doa nice full load-balance.  Additionally to add
another firewall, one must simply configure the firewall, and add it
seamlessly into the cluster created by these solutions.

Very nice.

Chris