[FW1] FW-1 4.1 SP2 UFP Caching/URL Logging

Hi -

We're running FW-1 4.1 SP2 with Websense Enterprise 4.2 on Solaris. We're experiencing very high continuous processor loads (70%-85%) for the fw processes. When we shut down WebSense the issue goes away. Any others having this issue?

SP2 has several features for URL performance, among which is UFP Caching. Has anyone successfully enabled UFP Caching with Websense? Any issues or caveats? Did you set the Caching to "UFP Server", "VPN-1 & Firewall-1 (one request)" or "VPN-1 & Firewall-1 (two requests)"? Did performance increase?

Is anyone using the URL logging features too? Issues/Caveats/etc.?

TIA!

Chris

Chris Labatt-Simon                      E-MAIL: [email protected]
D & D Consulting, Ltd.                  WEB: http://www.dandd.com
Albany, New York                        PHONE:

INTERNET CORE AND SERVICE PROVIDER SERVICES/UNIX/SECURITY/WAN/LAN
Authorized Juniper, Extreme, Network Appliance and Cisco Partners
ISP/CLEC/LEC Networks at Wire Speed http://www.coreservice.com