Re: [FW1]: "...Broken Pipe" when installing policy

thanks all for replying.  We solved the problem and below is a
brief description of problem and solution for future inquiries:

Background: running Solaris 2.5.1 on all servers.  Management
console running v4.0, modules running v4.0.

Problem: when trying to push policy for management to fw module,
I get a "...Broken Pipe.." error message.  On the module, when
doing a fwstop then fwstart, I get a "Authentication for command
fetched failed".

Solution: I tried to redo the putkeys as mentioned at
www.phoneboy.com but that failed also.  I bounced both the
console and the module and that didn't work.  After many tries, a
co-worker pointed out that the management console doesn't have a
license with encryption while I installed the module with a
license that uses encryption.  To fix the problem, the beginning
of the control.map file was modified and looks like this:

MASTERS: */none
CLIENT : */none

Hope this helps others in the future and thanks again for all
your help.

-Hungdan

Randall Kizer <[email protected]> on 09/10/2000 11:54:05 PM