RE: [FW1] Firewall-1 Setup And Install

1: the machines are on the same subnet
2: i tried to use address translation on solaris, but i am not sure it is
working

Well let me make the setup a little clearer,

i have a firewall on
ip address 212.16.227.146
and second interface 212.16.227.147

then .147 address is connected to a internal HUB, that the rest of the
machines are on, and then .146 is connected to the ADSL router, and then DNS
is provided by the provider, something like 195.82.0.0 ,

Now the firewall can see the internet, and everything,

I have installed a rule, any : any : drop : short.

and then just to see if i could get on the firewall , i added a rule

epppc127 on address 192.168.1.150 , to be accepted by anything on the
firewall.

then i try to ping the firewall nothing,

now the internal setup of the machines, must it be

gateway address:  the .147 address on the firewall
DNS :  the firewall ? or my provider ?

or i could setup the internal machines up with the statis ip address that my
provider gave me,

so all machines have the static address of 212.17.227.0
and then DNS , then providers dns addresses
and gateway the internal address of the firewall.

when i try this setup , the machines can't see the firewall as being there
gateway , i think this has to do with the routing on the firewall, i am
running solaris 2.7 . dual ethernet cards .

Could someone , tell me how i need to setup my whole network if i have these
details,

Statis Address range from provider 212.17.227.0  .110
DNS servers from provider  195.82.0.0
ADSL router address from Provider 212.17.227.145

I am sorry if this message is a little confusing.

===

System Administrator
http://www.Apocolips.org.uk