RE: [FW1] Firewall-1 Setup And Install

1. same subnet or different?
2. are you using address translation.
3. if the internal net is 10 addressing and the new ip address's are
something else they can not be placed on the internal subnet which is
different.
4. I would not allow the firewall to be pinged from anywhere. I would drop
ping rule 0 except from a few select machines I always work from. But I
would not let the CEO of a company ping the firewall.
5. The new IP addressing I am guessing you are using them for mail web and
stuff. you should setup static IP addressing. if this is NT U need to create
a local.arp file for the NT box to arp out.
Solaris does not use this to arp to the IP address. Do not add these IP's to
the firewall interface as a second IP address.

well I hope this helps some I am not awake yet.