RE: [FW1] FW1 v4.1 Mgmt Server Backward Compatability License Req uirements

According to Checkpoint web site:

Solution:
How to make Management Module version 4.1 backward compatibility with
version 4.0 Inspection modules?
NT:
When installing management module 4.1, check the backward compatible option
and Install a 4.0 license on the management module in addition to a 4.1
license

UNIX:
If you install the backward compatibility feature, you will need a valid
Version 4.0 license on the Management Module in order to manage Version 3.0
or Version 4.0 VPN/FireWall Modules.
After installing the backward compatibility feature, install the Version 4.0
license as follows:

1. Set the FWDIR environment variable to point to the directory where
Version 4.0 is
installed.
2. Install the Version 4.0 license using the $FWDIR/bin/fw putlic command.
3. Restore FWDIR to its previous value (that is, to point to the directory
where Version
4.1 is installed).
platform directory:
Solaris /opt/CKPfw
HP /FireWall-1
AIX /usr/lpp/FireWall-1

So you do need a 4.0 license in addition to your current one.

Regards,
Stephen