From: charles kings [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2000 11:49 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW1] Hybrid Mode

Greetings,

I am trying to implement Hybrid Mode IKE for Securemote authentication and
have followed all the instructions listed in the CheckPoints document
written by Joe Dipietro.  While all steps checked, when I try to
authenticate with a user setup for IKE (DES), I get the following messega at
the securemote client. " Negotiation with firewall at site x has fialed. No
common authentication method with fw"  The logs don't display anything at
all.  Please not that prior to this setup I was able to authenticat using
IKE setups, but not anymore.

Has anyone out there had the same problem?  The version I am using are as
follow:

FW - Gateway and management station (separate) ver 4.1 Build 41716 strong.

SecuRemote client - Secureclient ver 4.1 SP1-DES Build 4157

Any help will be appreciated...Chuck

http://profiles.msn.com.