[FW1] VPN-1 SecuRemote Question

Hello all,

	Currently wrestling to understand what is going on.  I am running NT
SP6a, with FW-1/VPN-1 4.1 SP2, and SecuRemote 4165

Everything is working correctly except browsing through netowrk
neighborhood, which I have info on how to set up so I am not worried.  But
what I notice is with this setup the following happens:

Policy Server on firewall, using IKE, 3DES, FW password for now.
Gateway rules Inbound
Rule 1:		SecuRemote@Any	firewall-encdomain	Any	Client
Encrypt	Long	Gateways

To get ping to work I have to add the following rule (I don't want ping
originating from the encdomain, just responding for test):
Rule 30:	encdomain	Any	echo-reply	Accept	Long
Gateways

When I ping from my SecuRemote client I get replies as expected, and see the
following in the log:
	decrypt	""	Source	Destination	icmp	1
blah,blah,blah
	Accept	""	Source	Destination	icmp	30
blah,blah,blah
	encrypt	""	Destination	Source	icmp	2
blah,blah,blah

Well rule 2 is for my webtrends LEA connection to the Firewall.  Is the
encrypt rule automatically rule 2?  No matter, it does work so I assume it
is.

When I map a drive, or dir the mapped drive from the secuRemote client, I
see the following:
	decrypt	nbsession	Source	Destination	tcp	1
blah,blah,blah
But that's all I see.  How is the response getting through?  Is the response
encrypted?  Why do I need the echo-reply rule, but no rule for NBT services?

thanks in advance!

PDB