[FW1] Reasons against opening I-net access..

Title: Reasons against opening I-net access..

What are the reasons against opening all port access to the internet from my internal users?

Src             Dst      Srv
interalNet     Any    Any

Management is wanting to do this in order to solve issues where an employee tries to ftp via their browser to ftp.compaq.com and a number of other. The client gets redirected by the server to a higher port, which we don't allow them to use.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

        Joe