From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2000 10:36
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW1] L2TP, PPTP, SecureRemote etc...

Has anyone used layer 2 tunneling protocols with FW1?

My understanding is that the VPN support that FW1 provides requires you to
use FWZ-1 or DES encryption algs, and a variety of key exchange
methods...however not much mention of L2TP is given.

I also have heard that VPN-1/SecureRemote does not encrypt ALL traffic and
allows DNS and WINS resolutions to pass unencrypted. In the CCSE classes, it
appeared that all traffic was encrypted so I am wondering if anyone has any
real world experience with this rather than marketechture experience.