RE: [FW1] local.arp changes not picked up by install

Thanks for all the replies. I will bounce the firewall when I get the green
light from above. I couldn't remember whether I had restarted the FW
service last June when I added the prior static mapping. Since the Phoneboy
FAQ says:

>In Windows NT, the 'arp' command will not function in this manner. Version
>2.1c and later of FireWall-1 will do the proxy arps for you. You must
>create a file called %SystemRoot%\fw\state\local.arp (case matters!),
>which is formated as follows:
>
>translated_ip_address    mac_address
>
>In the example above, this file would contain:
>
>206.99.98.50    08-00-20-76-ea-77
>
>Once you've set this file up, you will need to re-install the current
>rulebase.

I was hesitant to restart it for no reason. I naturally assumed I had made
an error somewhere.

Bill