[FW1] "Group" objects and consistency

Hello all,
  I have a strange problem and I'm hoping someone here can
  help.

  We use VPN-1 to allow access to our mail server (POP) to
  our remote employees.  Until Sunday, the set-up was:
     o All of the relevant computers in a group, including
       the POP server.  The POP server is in this group with
       the name "pop", which is an alias for the system with
       the IP address 192.168.111.24
     o All of the VPN users can access it.

  On Sunday, we installed a new POP server, I updated the IP
  address of the system named "pop" in the FW-1 management
  tool, and reinstalled the policy.  The name is the same,
  but the IP address is now 192.168.111.26.  And many of our
  VPN users cannot access it.  After much messing about on
  Monday, I found that I could "re-enable" their access by
  opening the user manager, choosing the "Location" tab,
  removing the group containing "pop" from it, immediately
  (without ever closing the window for that user) adding
  that group back, answering "No" to the question "Would you
  like to add members of group "Servers" individually?",
  closing the window for that user, and re-installing the
  user database.

  This needed to be done for every user.

  Shouldn't the update of the IP address of "pop" in one
  place take care of all of this?  Am I doing something
  wrong?  Is this a known bug?  Is my description even any
  good?

  Any comments are appreciated.
--andy