Re: [FW1] Failed to install xx.xx.xx.xx's control security key: bad signature

Graham Leggett wrote:

> I am still having no luck getting my v4.1 management console and v4.0
> firewall to talk to each other. Currently the problem is this:
>
> bash-2.02# ./fw stat xx.xx.xx.xx
> HOST      POLICY     DATE
> Failed to install xx.xx.xx.xx's control security key: bad signature
> Authentication for command stat failed
> Failed to get interface status on xx.xx.xx.xx: Unauthorized action

Some progress at last - deep in the FAQ it mentions that FW1 sometimes
cannot handle passwords longer than 8 characters. A change of password
removes the "bad signature" message on the firewall and ./fw stat now
works.

./fw fetch -d xx.xx.xx.xx from the firewall still doesn't work though -
tonnes and tonnes of debugging lines go past indicating nothing out of
the ordinary, until right at the end:

[snip]
[1395@icewall] _readbuf: fd = 4, buf = effff384, len = 4, do_longjmp = 1
[1395@icewall] _readbuf: cannot read buf from 4
[1395@icewall] fw_rfetchx_host: aborting on xx.xx.xx.xx
Fetching Security Policy from xx.xx.xx.xx failed

Any ideas on this one?

Regards,
Graham