From: C.M. Wong [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2000 9:59 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW1] Weird http proxy behavior

Hi all,

I have been testing the http proxy fw-1 provides. I have a weird case when
my users would get a blank page (not error page) with certain websites. The
best example is www.register.com. After typing in the domain name, when I
click "check it", it would give me a blank page. If do not use the http
proxy, just the normal http service, viola everything works fine. Any idea
why the proxy behaves like so? Sites like yahoo, hotmail any other search
engines, the http proxy works just fine.

For the record, I'm running fw-1 41 sp2. Running in transparent and proxy
mode. Did not strip any java/active stuff yet. No content filtering... just
a normal http proxy. TIA.

Rgrds,
Wong.