[FW1] Failed to install 164.48.47.137's control security key: bad signature

Hi all,

I am still having no luck getting my v4.1 management console and v4.0
firewall to talk to each other. Currently the problem is this:

bash-2.02# ./fw stat xx.xx.xx.xx
HOST      POLICY     DATE
Failed to install xx.xx.xx.xx's control security key: bad signature
Authentication for command stat failed
Failed to get interface status on xx.xx.xx.xx: Unauthorized action

I have tried to use "fw putkey" on both machines to get them to talk to
each other, I have stopped both the firewall and console, run putkey on
both, then started them both up - still, they refuse to talk.

Is it physically possible for a v4.1 management console to talk to a
v4.0 remote module? According to the manual it is possible, but then
manuals are renowned for not being that accurate at the best of times.

I am thoroughly stuck - has anyone got any ideas on what to do?

Regards,
Graham