Re: [FW1] FW: BrownOrifice can break firewalls!

Hi,

a possible solution are gateway or desktop scanners, which
inspect the HTTP datastream for malicious JAVA, JAVA Script and
ActiveX code.

Such scanners should be able to detect those programs.

Robert

On Wed, 6 Sep 2000, amanda wrote:

> We have known that this would happen since the day Java and ActiveX were
> invented. A firewall is not the final solution for security. You still
> have to secure your machines, applications and users individually.
>
> You are not surfing the web with Java and ActiveX enabled in a maximum
> security environment (such as nuclear control systems or air traffic
> control) are you?
>

> Amanda.
>

> On Fri, 1 Sep 2000, Dinesh_Kakkar wrote:
> > I would like to have your comments on this mail.
> > > I am quite surprised about the low echo the newest bug in Netscapes Java
> > > library

Robert Binder
IT-Security Consultant

Integralis, Niederlassung München
Gutenbergstr. 1
D-85737 Ismaning
Tel: +49-89-94573-235
Fax: +49-89-94573-119
http://www.integralis.de/

A member of the Articon-Integralis Group