[FW1] Gauntlet VPN through FW-1

Does anyone have any experience allowing Gauntlet VPN traffic to pass
through Firewall-1 unobstructed? The problem is thus:

We have a 'partner' company who wants to utilise our connection to
the internet (for a fee), and get rid of their own connection. So far
we've been successful swapping MX pointers and mail-bagging for them,
and providing Web proxy services (both fairly easy to implement), but
we have a problem delivering their IPSec traffic.

The external interface of their Gauntlet firewall will be an RFC 1918
address in the 192.168.x.x range. We need to somehow NAT the traffic
to them without breaking the tunnel (ESTD).

I have a proxy arp set up on the external interface of our firewall
for their VPN clients to connect to, and I am NATing that address to
the external address of the Gauntlet firewall. I am getting the
traffic and passing it on (it hits the router at the far end), but
doesn't seem to set up a tunnel.

They are using IKE with ESP, so I didn't expect the NAT to have any
effect - but I don't know enough about Gauntlet to know how that
works (or doesn't).

Has anyone got any experience in setting up this kind of convoluted
system. Unfortunately, I'm not likely to convince them to buy an
IP330 to solve the problem...

Kind Regards,

Craig Little BSc, CPD, CPI, SCJP, CCSA, CCSE
Inter-Networking / Security Consultant

Shell Services International

Phone:	+64 4 462 4661
Fax:	+64 4 463 4060
Mobile:	+64 21 37 5858
PGP Fingerprint F3CE 6EB2 6B1A 10EA E355  A157 8012 D53A 6AE5 962F
mailto:[email protected]
http://www.shellservices.com

By default attachments are compressed in WinZip format. If you cannot
read them, please contact you Help Desk to have the WinZip utility
installed. WinZip can be downloaded for free at
http://www.winzip.com.

This e-mail message and attachments are confidential between the
intended parties and may be subject to legal privilege.  If you have
received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender immediately
and destroy the message and any attachments.  If you are not the
intended recipient you are notified that any use, distribution,
amendment, copying or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
reliance of this message or attachments is prohibited.