[FW1] fw putkey - is a restart necessary?

Hi all,

According to what I have read so far, to get a remote module and a
management module to talk to each other requires the following steps:

[management.wherever.com]# ./fw putkey remote.wherever.com
Enter secret key:
Again secret key:

[remote.wherever.com]# ./fw putkey management.wherever.com
Enter secret key:
Again secret key:

At this point do I need to restart the management module and remote
module before this change will take effect?

If so, how? (Other than ./fwstop ; ./fwstart)

Regards,
Graham